Can-Am X3 195-amp Alternator KitRegular price $1,675.00
- Bolt-on kit no modifications are needed
- All parts and hardware needed for installation are included
- No modifications to the frame
- Puts out 150 amps at idle
- Rated at 195 amps
- Bolts straight to the crank
- Very reliable connection
- Will power all the accessories you need and want
- A secondary battery is only needed when the car is off & you want to play your stereo or keep your lights on.
- If you run a dual battery you're going to need an alternator kit to charge it back up because the stock stator doesn't have enough power to recharge it.
- We do not recommend submarining in mud
- CAD designed & CNC machined in-house
- Made in the USA
Alternator Belt Cover
- Replacement Belt
- Can-Am X3 90-amp Alternator Kit Installation Instructions (will be updated shortly)
- INSTALL VIDEO (will be updated shortly)
KIT OPTION DETAILS
1. Send your ignition cover in for modification $1675
With this discounted option you will send in your stock ignition cover, keep your water pump installed, and only remove the stator from your ignition cover. We will modify your cover to work with our alternator kit and send the entire kit back to you. The modification turnaround will take 24-48 hours. Please send your ignition cover to the address below.
2. Full kit with the option of reimbursement $1975 (with reimbursement $1775/$1705 total)
With this option, we will send you the full bolt-on alternator kit. If you decide to send us back your stock ignition cover we will reimburse you $270 (clean cover) or $200 (dirty cover) once we receive your ignition cover.
LaRue Performance’s Can-Am X3 alternator kit is an excellent addition to your stock OEM stator and here is why. The stock stator alone simply cannot keep up with multiple electrical components, including (power steering, ignition, communications, lights, navigation, and pumpers) or anything else you may power in your X3. Whether you are on top of a big hill, sitting back enjoying your accessories, or racing through the desert, this alternator kit will keep your maximum power from any losses. This powerful alternator will take you safely out of those low voltage limp modes, and on track to keep running at maximum power.
Here at LaRue we have personally dyno tuned and researched many x3’s on our dyno machine. Throughout the course of this development, we have seen the power drops and the low voltage limp modes along with the results they have displayed. What happens when the OEM stator starts to heat up along with the other components like the ignition it becomes clear that the stock stator loses power. When the component is running and rising in temperature, more power is required and that simply does not exist within the stock stator.
Through this experience, we thought long and hard about what we could do to change these results and keep full voltage & power to the X3. Our solution was to innovate and come up with our own Billet X3 alternator kit that also charges during idle. We’ve run and tested our kits from Oldsmobile Hill too long rides from the shop in Scottsdale to the Verde River. Durable, reliable, and great looking are only a few of the features this kit has to keep you going at the maximum power you need and expect from LaRue Performance!
Below is a chart showing the torque (voltage vs RPM) of the stock ECU. The stock ECU will pull power if you do not have enough voltage.