- Stock water pump impeller melts & fails
- #1 recommended upgrade for the Wildcat XX
One of the weak points in the new Wildcat XX engine is the stock water pump impeller and shaft. The stock impeller is plastic. During normal driving, the plastic water pump impeller can actually separate from the impeller shaft which ceases the flow of coolant throughout the engine (The stock impeller is driven by a pin that will actually break the notch in the plastic impeller). If not caught quickly, this can cause a major failure in the engine.
A solution to this problem is this Dasa billet water pump impeller and precision ground 416 stainless steel shaft. Once installed, you will no longer have to worry about the plastic impeller failing and causing potentially thousands of dollars worth of damage to your engine. The new impeller threads onto the stainless shaft - unlike the stock impeller set-up which uses a pin to drive the impeller.
- 6061 Billet Aluminum CNC Machined Water Pump Impeller
- Precision Ground 416 Stainless Steel Impeller Shaft
- Threaded Shaft To Drive Water Pump Impeller - No Pin To Break Like OEM Impeller
- Used By Robby Gordon Race Team
*lead time 1-2 weeks